I know, I know...sad, sad, sad. 4th of July was a long time ago, but I already apologized for not posting much, but like I said...I'm catching up.
For July 4th Joe and I stayed with Noel and Andrew Quinn at their beautiful home. We got to their place around 11pm on the 3rd and Joe headed out with the guys to a very non-successful night at the bar. I stayed at the house with Noel and Salem for some girl time. After a few drinks, lots of laughs and plans for a morning workout we decided to get to bed.
On the 4th the 3 of us (me, Noel and Salem) set out for the gym while the rest of the guys got some more beauty sleep. While Noel and I were ready to pump some iron Salem felt differently.
For July 4th Joe and I stayed with Noel and Andrew Quinn at their beautiful home. We got to their place around 11pm on the 3rd and Joe headed out with the guys to a very non-successful night at the bar. I stayed at the house with Noel and Salem for some girl time. After a few drinks, lots of laughs and plans for a morning workout we decided to get to bed.
On the 4th the 3 of us (me, Noel and Salem) set out for the gym while the rest of the guys got some more beauty sleep. While Noel and I were ready to pump some iron Salem felt differently.
Maybe she thought she needed more beauty sleep like daddy. Isn't she just adorable!I love that picture of Salem...soo cute. She wasn't just sleeping, she was out of it. What a cutie pie.
So, after our workout on a dreary July 4th morning we went by the grocery store so I could pick up a few things and have my turn in Noel's gorgeous kitchen. When we got back home I got right to work on breakfast because I'd been wanting to cook in her kitchen ever since we went to check it out before it was entirely built. Noel, you know I missed my Pampered Chef stuff, but thanks for letting me cook in your oh so pretty kitchen...I LOVED it! Oh, I remember in your 4th of July post you didn't remember what I cooked for you...it was Chorizo y huevos con papas (Chorizo and egg with potato).
Later in the day we snacked on my guacamole, Quinn salsa and some of the yummy Halibut they caught in Alaska. (sob, sob...a moment of silence please) Then, we all packed up and went to Gruene to meet up with HARB (a good friend from Alaska). We thought we knew where we were going, but ended up walking in the wrong direction when suddenly it started poring rain. You should have seen us running in the rain trying to get there faster. Noel and I were literally sharing a little umbrella and running as girl-like as we could while going though puddles and splashing ourselves. I'm sure someone was laughing at us. I know I was. We finally found HARB at a great little wine store. I got to sample some really tastey wines and even bought some for my wine cooler. So, we sat back and drank wine with our friend on the rainy 4th of July. It was great. Friends, a relaxing day and a glass of wine.
Later, Noel and Andrew took off to get little Salem to bed. We missed having them there during dinner at a nearby restaurant where we talked some more, ate and drank some good ole Lone Star beer. HARB's dad was in town visiting him and we got to chat for quite a while. He's a great man with some great stories. Imagine that, HARB (king of great stories) has a dad that has just as great of stories. Too bad that visit was so short, but it was better than nothing.
After dinner we headed back to the Quinn's house and saw a few fireworks with them outside despite the yucky weather.
The next day the 4 of us had a yummy Chipotle lunch, we said goodbye and were off to the Forum theater to watch Transformers "More than meets the eye" (I couldn't resist). After that we set out for Del Rio. Noel, hopefully I'll be able to visit ya again soon. Thanks for a great 4th!!!
Me, Joe and HARB
So, after our workout on a dreary July 4th morning we went by the grocery store so I could pick up a few things and have my turn in Noel's gorgeous kitchen. When we got back home I got right to work on breakfast because I'd been wanting to cook in her kitchen ever since we went to check it out before it was entirely built. Noel, you know I missed my Pampered Chef stuff, but thanks for letting me cook in your oh so pretty kitchen...I LOVED it! Oh, I remember in your 4th of July post you didn't remember what I cooked for you...it was Chorizo y huevos con papas (Chorizo and egg with potato).
Later in the day we snacked on my guacamole, Quinn salsa and some of the yummy Halibut they caught in Alaska. (sob, sob...a moment of silence please) Then, we all packed up and went to Gruene to meet up with HARB (a good friend from Alaska). We thought we knew where we were going, but ended up walking in the wrong direction when suddenly it started poring rain. You should have seen us running in the rain trying to get there faster. Noel and I were literally sharing a little umbrella and running as girl-like as we could while going though puddles and splashing ourselves. I'm sure someone was laughing at us. I know I was. We finally found HARB at a great little wine store. I got to sample some really tastey wines and even bought some for my wine cooler. So, we sat back and drank wine with our friend on the rainy 4th of July. It was great. Friends, a relaxing day and a glass of wine.
Later, Noel and Andrew took off to get little Salem to bed. We missed having them there during dinner at a nearby restaurant where we talked some more, ate and drank some good ole Lone Star beer. HARB's dad was in town visiting him and we got to chat for quite a while. He's a great man with some great stories. Imagine that, HARB (king of great stories) has a dad that has just as great of stories. Too bad that visit was so short, but it was better than nothing.
After dinner we headed back to the Quinn's house and saw a few fireworks with them outside despite the yucky weather.
The next day the 4 of us had a yummy Chipotle lunch, we said goodbye and were off to the Forum theater to watch Transformers "More than meets the eye" (I couldn't resist). After that we set out for Del Rio. Noel, hopefully I'll be able to visit ya again soon. Thanks for a great 4th!!!
Me, Joe and HARB




2 comments:
How cute are you all. I hope soemtime we can all do a trip somewhere fun togther, wouldn't that be a blast!!
That was such a fun weekend!! Thank you for coming out and sharing it with us! Your breakfast was to die for and I wish you were closer so we could see each other more often..oh, and eat your yummy food!!!
You are so sweet... I miss you!
Post a Comment