The little stinker got his hands on Daddy's present before Joe could open it. He got an iPod nano. I can't believe Joe has an apple product that I don't.
Joe posing with Grant and his cake. As you can see Grant couldn't peel his eyes from the cake. Yes, we did let the little guy have some cake and he loved it (although I didn't give him the part with icing). He wanted more and more. Finally, we had to move the cake out of view so he'd stop asking for more.
Our family walk around the neighborhood with Joe sporting his Jack and coke in a Shrek glass. It was a beautiful day.
Family photo on Joe's day.
Night time brushing for the little guy. I think he knew it was Daddy's birthday because he was being extra sweet. Yeah, hard to believe this sweet baby could be sweeter, but it turns out he can.
Dancing while brushing.
The next morning was Grant's Fall festival on base for the daycare he goes to along with a few other off base daycare providers. It was a neat idea, but not thought out very well. Since it was morning the grass was wet from dew and they had all of the games on the grass (important to note that the grass section was on a huge slant). As you can imagine with wet grass, sloped land, and little kids there was a lot of dirtyness and falls. Slowly I was moving the games on the pavement, but somone was moving them back to the grass. I never did see who was doing that. Oh well. The main reason I' wanted to add this section to my post was to add the cute pictures of Grant and Joe. I was very happy Joe was able to make it out to meet us there. Actually, Joe was there on time and we were late. It always happens that Grant sleeps in the times we have somewhere to go. Oh, well. Check out my super cute Batman and my handsome pilot :0)
Love this one!
The guy that took this for us looked at the picture and told us, perfect, no need to take another one. Really? I know Grant is ALWAYS a cutie, but his eyes are closed.
This whole week Grant acted shy for some reason. Here's an picture to prove it. After a minute or two he is fine, but for that week he would cling to me when I put him down. Strange.
Bowling with Daddy. Grant loved playing with the pins.
I love how little my Batman looks in this picture. I told you, hanging on to me didn't last long.
Batman and Daddy. I love this picture of daddy and son. I just need to photoshop that kid out of the background.
One of the events was pumpkin painting. I love art with Grant and was very happy they had pumpkin painting even if the pumpkins were filthy. I cleaned Grant's the best I could on my jeans and he got to work. Now it's beautifully displayed in our home's entryway.
It was a very busy day. After the festival I rushed home to feed lunch to Grant and to change him since the day had become very hot. Then, we rushed back to base for one of Joe's coworker's fini flight. Grant was a great trooper. Here's a picture in front of one of the A-10s.
Grant just wanted to turn around to touch the Gatling gun. I don't blame him, it's a pretty awesome gun.









1 comment:
Great pictures :-) You're good about always having the camera out! I always forget... That birthday cake sounds pretty delicious. I've never had anything like that... Will you share the recipe?
Post a Comment