Let's begin. Clean canvas, clean brushes, and clean baby :0)
He was very happy...chuckling right about now.
He tested out each color right away.
Busy at work, a brush in both hands.
He tested out a few strokes on himself first. haha.
That blue part on his belly he painted very carefully.
As you can see I was his assistant. When he couldn't reach a color he'd point and say "dat, dank-oo". Translation, "That, thank you."
By the end he knew yellow. Or at least I think he does. He'd point to the yellow paint and say "Ellow".
Checking out his belly.
"Loving this painting project."
He never tried to put the paint or the brushes in his mouth. THANK YOU!!!
The blue streak in his hair shows his seriousness, very professional :0)
I was a happy mommy watching him.
He spotted an unused brush. Oh no! Luckily for me he never left the tarp.
He seriously used everything to paint, brushes, fingers, toes, diaper, bottom of the bowls, everything!
All done!
He loved getting dunked into the bucket of soapy water.
Actually, he didn't want to get out of the bucket. Unfortunately, it couldn't last all evening.
Grant's masterpiece in the sunroom. The plan is to fill the mantel with pictures including one of Grant painting on the canvas.
Grant's masterpiece up close. I LOVE it!
While I'm blogging I thought I'd share with you the mat in the sunroom I recovered. It was a very colorful mat from Kyrgyzstan that did not match the rest of the sunroom. The biggest problem was that there was no cover so it could not be cleaned. I purchased this very heavy duty fabric, dug out my sewing machine and made this cover. I think it goes perfectly in the sunroom.
Up close.
From a distance. Notice herc on the couch posing for the pic :0)
Hopefully I'll have more fun projects to post sooner than later :0)














4 comments:
I love this post! What a great idea; a keepsake to cherish forever. Why would you ever have to ponder such a thing? It is a beautiful abstract piece of art ;-) Id love to see what Finn would conguer up if i were to put him on a canvas. Love your Goldsworthy notes ;-)
This is the first time I have read your blog... I love your little painter Grant you are an artist.. What a great idea Cousin. Yall together are remarkable. By the way the canvas looks great above the fireplace.. Looking forward to your next blog. You have me hooked.. Take care Yall love and kisses...
Valerie,I love it! Great job,Grant!His painting looks perfect above the mantle.Love ya'll.
I love this idea. And it looks like he had so much fun!
Post a Comment