7:45-Check Herc in at for his oral surgery
9:45-Grant's 15 month well-baby appt and vaccination appt
11:15-Take Grant to daycare
11:40-Tigris' vet appt
1:00-fill up gas tank for lawn mower
1:30-mow our oversized lawn (front and back) with the cheapest push mower Lowes sells
3:25-look for Joe flying his A-10 overhead and cleanup from mowing
3:50-clean up and shower
4:00-Post office
4:30-Pick up Grant
4:50-Pick up Hercules
5:30-Dinner
I've gotta admit, I was pretty proud of my time management today. On my way to get Grant from daycare (Karyn is his daycare provider, and I'm sure I'll talk about her a lot so become familiar with her name) Karyn sent me a text telling me to make sure I had Tylenol because he was hurting. My poor baby was taking the most mini steps I've ever seen. Even though I got my shot a month ago and could barely lift my arm, I forgot how badly the flu shot could hurt.
As for Herc, Here's a quick update:
Last Friday his super long canine fell out. We found it on the bed, no blood, just tooth. Of course I started crying because I thought my Herc was getting old, had some sort of gum disease that was going to kill him, and as silly as this sounds because he didn't have his well known super big Herc "fang". We called the vet and they advised us to bring him in the next day since they were already closed. The vet explained that it was a gum disease that had eaten at the bone holding Herc's tooth in place. This was a big deal because usually cats are seen when they chip this tooth and it is a very big process trying to extract the tooth from the bone. That the tooth freely and cleanly fell out mean the disease was eating at the bone for a long time and this is very painful for the animal. Today, they gave Herc a teeth cleaning, filled in the very large hole where his tooth once was, cut his gums to check out the disease and fill in the hole, extracted four more teeth (a couple of which were so bad that they couldn't sew it up to close). I was nervous he wouldn't be the same Herc after surgery. The vet told me not to worry because he probably wouldn't eat today and most likely not tomorrow either because he was in a lot of pain and that he was in a really bad mood and he might not be very nice to me, Tigris, or Grant. I hoped he was wrong and on the drive home when he was rubbing against my fingers through his kennel with his loud motorlike purr I knew my Herc was just fine. Most animals just sleep and don't care about food right after surgery. Yeah, right. Not Herc. As soon as we got home he was ready for his food. I bought them Iams can food and he dove right in. I had doubted Herc would avoid his food, I know my Herc :0) I can tell he is tired and hope he isn't in too much pain with the medication wears out. Hopefully he is no longer in pain after he heals.
Overall, a good day and all of my babys were taken care of. :0)
Here's a picture of Herc with his large tooth that fell out.
A pic of the tooth after we found it. The part on the right where the texture change occurs is where it should have been in the bone.
Herc after he got home from the vet and ate a whole can of food. Here he is enjoying the cool breeze through the open window.
I couldn't go without adding a pic of these two :0) As you can see Grant is helping his daddy stock the refrigerator.


2 comments:
What.a.day! There's no way I could have squeezed all that in to one day. I'm glad Herc seems to be doing well. Hopefully, his healing will go smoothly!
Happy to hear that Herc's doing okay. Loved reading about your Alaska adventure,and can't get over how big Grant has gotten!
Post a Comment