Ok, first of all I know I shouldn't let something upset me for a long time, so instead of sitting in my empty apartment mad I've decided to take it upon myself to make myself happy. I'm doing so by writing about my horrible apartment complex on my blogger and I wrote a review on one of those apartment finder websites. (Noel...I mentioned your visit in my post on the apt website)
There's lots I dislike about our complex (ask Noel...she visited and I complained about a lot of the stuff listed here), but today the final thing happened where I said ok, NO MORE!!! My car was towed.
When Joe and I moved into the complex we were told the covered parking was for residents only and was paid parking, but we could park there until the spot was paid and reserved. So, me and everyone else in my section does that. Today, at about 1030am my car was towed because I was parked under the covered parking even though nobody was paying to reserve the spot. When I told the management I was told I could park there she said that the girl that told me that doesn't work there anymore and she was sorry she told me that, but they aren't making money by letting people park there for free. Screw her. I'd understand if they left a note on my car, but they didn't. I had to pay $175 to get my car back. Joe's putting a complaint in at Randolph AFB housing about the complex (we already know others have complained) and I'm spreading the word. If any of you talk to anyone coming to Randolph AFB for a PCS or for PIT (such as the Browns...tell Krista about this) fwd this on to them....
Here's what I wrote on the apartment finders website (it goes much further than the parking thing):
There are many things that the Villages at Kitty Hawk failed to do so I will list each one under their categories. These are the reasons I am excited about moving out of this apartment complex next week:
Safety: They claim to be a gated complex with controlled access, but it is actually NOT gated and there is NO controlled access to the community. There has been no gate at the back entrance for the past few months and there are no signs a gate is being put up. Anybody can enter the complex.
2. The management gave a key to our apartment to a washer/dryer company and told him he was free to enter my apartment...without consulting with us (the residents) and I was home. This violates my safety and luckily the company contacted me before entering my apartment. The worker notified me of the situation because he felt the apartment complex should NOT have given him a key to the apartment.
Parking: There is very little uncovered parking in the apartment complex and the covered parking is an additional fee. Since the complex has such a weird layout you could end up parking very far from your apartment. The complex could get rid of some of the covered parking since a majority of the covered parking is unoccupied, but they choose not to...the complex management finds any way to fine/charge extra to the tenants.
2. When I first moved in the complex an employee told me and many others we could park under the covered parking until the spot was purchased. Once the reserved spot was purchased we could no longer park there. Ok, makes sense. My car was towed and nobody had reserved that spot and I received no notification that the rule had changed. The management called to get my car towed and said that the person that told me I could park there no longer worked at the complex. The towing cost me $175. BAD MANAGEMENT. I warned all of my neighbors that also park there.
3. Watch out where you park or the sprinklers will spray your car or you will end up with grass and dirt all over your car from the lawn being mowed.
Noise:
1.Noise is HORRIBLE here. I can tell what my all of my neighbors watch on TV, what time their alarm goes off and each time they open/close their doors. Also, Loop 1604 is about 10 feet away and the highway is very noisy. You can't watch TV with your window open or you have to BLAST the TV.
Grounds:
1. The apartment complex is very messy. I had a friend visit and was embarrassed when she said "Ewww, there's trash all over...I'd never want to live in a place where they let trash sit."
2. Trash pick up is on M,W & F. You leave your trash on the curb between 6-9am and they're supposed to pick it up. Yes, it does look nasty and I said I would deal with it, but sometimes they don't pick up the trash until 4pm and it's really is gross. On windy days there is trash ALL OVER the complex. Some people put their trash out whenever they want and it sits there for days. Very gross!
3. When it froze here the complex did nothing to de-ice the stairs so someone in my complex took it upon themselves to put kitty litter down for safety. The litter stayed there for a LONG TIME. I told the complex about it, the said they'd clean it, but never did. It's been 3 months and the litter is still there.
Construction: The inside of the complex is built poorly & with cheap material.
2. When you bump anything (even a body part) against the corner of the wall it takes off paint. There is paint on the floors & carpet, the doors weren't fit properly, the carpet is extremely cheap with no padding, horrible insulation(meaning you will have high electric bills)...if you come by check out the apt for this sort of thing and you'll see what I mean. The sort of thing you don't look at when you're looking for apartments, but the sort of thing you notice when you live there.
Water Bill:
Your bill is split between everyone in your building. So, if someone in your complex is wasteful and uses tons of water you pay for it. Expect very high water bills for an apartment complex.
Staff:
- Poor management/staff
--we moved into a filthy apartment.
-- Allowing our complex to have trash laying around for extended periods of time.
-- The towing incident and not and not caring about their residents.
-- unprofessional in giving our key to the washer/dryer company.
4 comments:
Sounds awful! I hope the AF housing puts them on their list of places not to rent from in SA, or at least does not recommend them anymore. Soon, you will be spending every night in our OWN house!!!
That place SUCKS!!! Good for you for complaining about them.
Also, this is 2007--what apartment complex doesn't have a freaking gym? Do they even have a pool? I just don't like them and that whole trash crap either.
I told Andrew about your troubles today and he literally didn't believe me.
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. But moving on to brighter sights....you have your own, new house to look forward to. I hope you get moved in okay.
you poor thing! ours was hell to, i totally went on every apt review site to vent! im starting to wonder if there are any good apts at all??? thank god you found a house, it gives you something to look forward to!
Post a Comment