For those of you that don't know, which is just about everyone, I found a reserves job at Kelly AFB (actually, I guess it's now Kelly Annex part of Lackland...whatever). I've had paperwork going through the pipeline for a while now. I got a call on my birthday telling me that my gain date (meaning I'm officially back in the military) was 16 Feb, but that I couldn't go to work until paperwork was completed. So, I waited and waited. Today I got a call telling me I was officially on their roster and that I could go to work whenever I wanted...just to tell them when I wanted to start. So, my first day is this coming Monday. YEA!!! It's gonna be a little weird...oh, I better fish my uniform out...but it'll be nice. I find it kind of strange that I missed being in the military, but then again I am around it everyday with Joe. Joe and my father are super excited about it. Don't get me wrong, my whole family is excited, but I'm going into the wing my father just retired from so he's obviously super excited about that and Joe told me he kind of missed me being in the military.
I'll let y'all know how things go on Monday. Hopefully I'm working with decent people. YEA, YEA, YEA!!! Ok, I have to say it...YEA for me!!! hehehe. Later gators.
Since my dad was with me exactly 1 year ago at Manas AB (on his way to Bagram AB) I thought these pics were appropriate.

4 comments:
Love the photos! Yipppeee for being back at work, I am excited for you too!!!
Holy Crap Val!!!! How exciting for you!!!! Are you going to work every day? What will you be doing? I must know details!!!
So Cool! If you are happy, I am happy for you!
Congratulations!!! Sounds like your really happy and excited to get started.
Post a Comment