.

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Working & Packing...

First, I want to start off by asking all of you to keep Joe's little sister, Suzanne, in your thoughts &/or prayers. She was in a bad snowmobiling accident and was life-flighted from Fairbanks to Anchorage. When we first heard of the accident we were told that she couldn't move the lower half of her body and we feared that she would be paralyzed. For those of you that don't know Suzanne, she is a very adventurous girl that does just about everything there is to do. Later we learned that part of her vertebrae was crushed and she would have to to through extensive surgery to receive a new one from a donor. The surgery was a success, but she still needs a lot of physical therapy and the doctors say that she should be back to doing most things in about a year. She's such a strong girl I think it will be sooner. But, please...keep Suzanne in your thoughts &/or prayers for a fast and strong recovery. Thank you.

Now, for the update I promised on my work...

Ok, so today was my second day working and I am exhausted. Here's a quick snapshot of my past 2 days. I wake up at 0530, get ready for work, get the cats together (food, litter, water), out the door for work at 0600, get to work at 0650, work all day (where I have to do things the long way since they won't make me my Reserve ID card and now-a-days no CAC card (yep that's right the pronunciation is "cock" but with a long "A") no computer access) leave work a little after 4 and get home around 5ish. YIKES!!!!! It's a good thing the people I work with are super cool because if they weren't this might be my last week there. hehe...just kidding, but not really. Anyways, as if the day wasn't long enough I come home to a crazy mess since we're in the middle of packing for our move to Del Rio THIS WEEKEND! When I get home to this crazy mess I have to literally force myself to workout. It probably isn't as bad as I feel it is, but right now I dont' believe that and I think it really is that bad. I cannot wait to get there and to get settled down. I CANNOT WAIT!!!
The mess I'm coming home to...
More mess...


It's a crazy and tiring week, but once it's over I'll be so very happy...VERY HAPPY.

5 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

I will definitely be thinking of her and awaiting news. She is such an adventurous girl, I cannot even imagine her not up running around. Give Joe my best, I am sure he is worried.

Kelly said...

That is so sad, a young girl and such a serious accident. I hope Suzzane has a full recovery. Sounds like your keeing busy. Hope the move goes well.

The Quinn Report said...

I feel your pain about the moving shit.

I'll be thinking of you, your family, and Joe's sister. I'm so sorry!

The Quinn Report said...

I don't know why I put a ! after sorry....I didn't mean that..sorry.

Lysandra said...

He keep us posted. I didn't know Joe's sister but I am hoping she comes through ok.
L