Today was Grant's first day at soccer and he loved it. After school we went by the house so I could feed Lydia and give Grant a snack. My big boy wanted to put his shoes on all on his own, but since we were in a rush I told him I was going to help him. That when he told me," Mommy, you put my socks on that foot and I put my socks in this foot. Ok, Mommy." On our way out the door he remembered my soccer ball and yelled "Mommy, I need to get your soccer ball. I'll find it." Then, he rant out to the garage, forgot to close the door, and when I told him to close the door before the cats got out he replied," Oh, no!" And ran to close it.
The practice went great, and Grant was excited to play. He was not a fan of the shin guards and I don't blame him. They were bigger than his shins so he didn't wear them. Grant did great kicking the ball into the goal, dribbling, and running. Unfortunately, the practice didn't start until 5:30, it was 90 degrees out, and around 6:00 he was done. He was behaving good, but kept saying he was hot, tired, and wanted to sit. When I'd tell him to sit on his ball, and drink some water he would say," It's too hot here. I'm going to sit over there, it's not so hot over there." And off to the dugout he went to sit. We left early to get Lydia from a friend's house and he was spent. I was very proud of my little soccer player. It was a very long day for him.
Side note: On the way to get Lydia Grant asked me "Mommy, what time is it?" His question made me smile because he had never asked or talked about time before. After I told him "6:13" he replied," Oh, ok." Then, seconds later he told me "Mommy, it's 6:13." With a big grin on his face. I love my boy so much.
Later that night Grant was very sad because Joe is out of town. When I tried to console him by telling him I missed Daddy, too, but he was at work and would be back tomorrow, Grant replied with ready eyes "ok, but that doesn't make it better. I asked "it doesn't make what better, mijo?" Grant sniffles and said " I'm still sad." Sweet boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment