.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012-A Beautiful Day!

I'm a bit behind on postings, but I must get caught up ASAP because tomorrow (Tuesday, 24 April 2012) Joe leaves for 6 months, and I will post weekly if not more to make sure he can read about our family while gone.  First thing's first, time to play catch up on the past month.  For most of the posts, I'm dating them with the date the event occurred, not the date I'm posting.

My catch up posts are starting with Easter because I promised my parents I would post an Easter blog with pics weeks ago.  Sorry, Mommy and Daddy, but better late than never!

Early Easter afternoon the family headed to base for Easter brunch at the club.  It's a good thing Grant was super cute because the food was nothing to brag about.  As you can see from the pics, he was very happy with his watermelon, cantelope, and eggs.  That boy can eat fruit all day long.  He was cheesing it up for everyone there with his smooth dance moves, and that adorable chuckle.  Love him! 

I attached two videos, and while they're more than a couple of minutes long Joe and I love them so I had to include both.  Plus, I'm sure Grammy and Grampy will enjoy watching them since they'll probably only see Grant once in 2012.



Video


I'm still so happy with his fork skills :0)


Cheese!

 After brunch Grant took a very long Easter nap, and then the hunt was on!!!  Poor boy, he literally went straight from his crib to the changing table, and then out for his Easter egg hunt.  I didn't even give him time to fully wake up.  The hunt was just our family in our backyard, and that's a good thing because other kids probably wouldn't have been as excited as Grant was about the treats in the eggs.  When he got to the kitchen I handed him his Easter basket and he was very excited.  He loves collecting things which means he loves baskets.

He still looks asleep in this picture, but he's actually running, and pointing towards the door saying "peas" aka "please".

I added the basketball hoop to the door while he slept so in this pic he is talking about the hoop.   Very cool :0)
 I actually thought I would have to walk with Grant to the first few eggs since this was his first Easter egg hunt, but I couldn't have been more wrong.  As soon as Grant looked from the basketball hoop to the yard he spotted one.  His face changed to stunned excitement, he pointed, yelled "an egg!", took off running to collect the egg, held the egg up to show us, again said "an egg", shook the egg, and put it in his basket.  Immediately he took off for the next egg repeating the same process.  It was hilarious!
Grant running to his first egg.  Can you see the seriousness in his face.  Easter egg hunts are no joke to this boy.

An egg!!!


I love him with that basket. 

Such a professional.  Collecting one egg and looking for the next before putting it in his basket.  Great strategy!

"It another egg!"

When he saw the collection of eggs at the slide he said, "Oh, wow, wow, an egg, egg!"  and ran as fast as those legs could carry him.


Here he is sprinting from one side of our yard to the other pointing and yelling "an egg".  It was not a windy day.  His hair flying back is purely from the run. 





He thought this one was funny.





Cheese!  He finally gave me a minute when after he collected all of the eggs.



I couldn't get him to look away from those eggs!
I apologize in advance for my loud voice in the next video, but you might need to turn the volume up to hear Grant.  
Grant's Easter Egg Hunt Video
http://youtu.be/Slm6xnmWNfw
Click the link above if the embedded video is not working.

Time to open his eggs!
 Grant loves balls so I filled the eggs with little balls, peanut butter crackers, cinnamon animal cookies, and rice chex.  He loved it.  Grant especially thought it was cool that I let him dump all of the treats on a plate and snack on it though out the evening whenever he wanted.  That has never been done before.  Usually we only eat at the table. 
"Ba-ket ball!"

The phrase of the evening "an EGG!"

Once he opened/closed all of the eggs he'd do it all over again.

I especially loved seeing him shake the eggs, and get excited when something was in one.

Our Easter picnic in the living room.

I would say his was on a sugar high, but he didn't have candy in his eggs.

Pure silliness.

Goofball!

YEA!!!  "Ba-ket ball!"

The eggs went everywhere with him.

Can you tell he loved these eggs?


A happy boy!!!


The day was perfect!  At one point I told Joe it was one of those days that I never wanted to end.  It made me look forward to Easter 2013 with our party of 4!!!

1 comment:

Cyndi Hendrickson said...

That looks like such a fun time! He's a natural! Haha! I wish I had thought to put that kind of "treats" in the eggs. Now that Chloe's experienced chocolate I wonder if I could get away with it...