.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Past Two Weeks

The past two weeks flew by with lots of exciting things happening.  I can't believe I haven't blogged about them.  The most important of the events is our big news....


I'm pregnant!!!  Two weeks ago, Wed morning, during my jog I decided to take a pregnancy test that night in hopes that time I would see a plus sign instead of that annoying negative sign I'd seen so many times.  If the test was positive I knew exactly how I wanted to share the news with my family.  I even went grocery shopping after my run, but as such a superstitious person I decided not to buy the Prego in fear that I was jinxing myself.  That night as I was getting ready to give Grant his nighttime milk Joe came home which was a huge surprise since he wasn't supposed to get home until midnight.  Immediately I suggested I take the test and Joe excitedly agreed.  I ran to take the test and was very let down when I saw yet another negative.  I was so disappointed because I was sure I was pregnant.  I yelled out to Joe "I'm not pregnant" in a very woe is me sort of voice.  I took the stick to him so he could see the sad single line, but as he looked at it I thought I caught the glimpse of another line trying to show it's happy vertical self.  Could it be?  "JOE LOOK IT'S ANOTHER LINE!  I'M PREGNANT!!!!" I proclaimed.  "What?  Let me see!" Joe insisted.  I pointed to the screen that held the great news only to hear Joe explain, "No, it has to be two lines.  Look at the directions."  I insisted there were two lines, pushed the stick closer to his eyes, and turned on more lights.  "There, see it?  It's slowly getting darker.  I'm PREGNANT!"  Finally Joe saw it and with the perfect amount of excitement he yelled "I SEE IT!  YOU'RE PREGNANT!"  We jumped up and down hugging, and yelling "we're going to have a baby."  Grant was even really excited.  He jumped off of the couch yelling "YEA" as he ran to us for his share of the celebratory hugs.  It was an amazing moment!  Minutes later I told Joe about my idea for the Prego photo and asked him to keep Grant up while I ran to the store.  We took the photo (I had to stick puffy stickers on the jar to keep Grant from playing with the it) and finally put our little guy to bed about 1.5 hrs late.  I will NOT forget the magic in the air that night.
Later that night my parents were getting home in Houston from their trip to Las Vegas.  Since I couldn't tell them the wonderful news in person I decided to let Grant tell them.  I went online and had  the "Guess Who Is Prego" photo developed at the Walgreens 1hr photo near their house, and texted them to call me when their plane landed.  When I spoke to my mother I explained that I had a photo of Grant taken for them as a present and they had to pick it up from Walgreens before they went home stressing that they had to look at it together.  I wouldn't usually consider myself an exceptionally creative person, but this time I had to pat myself on the back.

The next day Joe flew me out to South Carolina to pick up our new Jeep Grant Cherokee he purchased on Presidents Day.  No, he didn't purchase it in S. Carolina, but that's where the Jeep was because there were all sorts of problems with the trucking company that was supposed to bring it to us.  So we took matters in our hands.  The entire 6 hr drive I was on cloud 9 because of the positive pregnancy test I took the night before.  I finally made it home around 6 pm and had my amazing new Jeep in the garage.  I love it!  As you can see we keep our vehicles around for a long time.
Yes, we are a Jeep family.

That weekend Joe and I took a trip to Savannah, GA for the world's largest St. Patrick's Day celebration.  We planned on making it a family trip, but when my wonderful friend, Candise, insisted on taking care of Grant so we could have a trip together I took her up on it.  I was sad to leave my Grant Bear behind, I even cried when we took off, but I knew he would have a great time with Candise and Brooklyn.  Candise even offered to stay at our house with her beautiful daughter so Grant could be home with his things.  THANK YOU, CANDISE!!!  
A pic Candise sent me the first night.  Grant is enjoying his nighttime milk with his friend Brooklyn.

My sweet boy on St. Patrick's day in his "Little Charmer" shirt.  I planned on that being is Savannah shirt.  Aren't they cute together!

So, Friday afternoon Joe and I jumped into our new Jeep and took off for Savannah.  

And we're off!!!  Yes, that is Joe's mustache for Mustache March. 
When I first heard Savannah had the largest St. Patty's day celebration in the world I was very surprised, and didn't know what to expect, but was ready with my green attire from head to toe.  Literally, even my toes were green!
Joe and me venturing from parking to the action.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!
 We watched the parade from, my friend, Andrea's sister-in-law's law office building, and it was an amazing spot.  I felt very VIP.  We even had our own balcony and front row seats. 
Andrea and me from our balcony seats.
Handsome even with the mustache!
During our walk to the office Joe and I thought we were at end of the parade so we started walking behind it.  The people in Savannah were so nice.  Everyone was waving to us, so we returned the gesture and waved back.  Once we got to the office we noticed the parade was far from over and we had made ourselves part of it for a good 5 minutes for so.  Hilarious!  It was Ferris Bueller's Day Off! 
My friend took this picture of Joe and me as we were walking to join the "end" of the parade.
Next year Joe and I plan on returning, but this time with a hotel much closer to the action.  We did luck out with an amazing parking spot, but next year a closer hotel is a must.   The day was great with beautiful weather, awesome friends, and of course delicious food.

Enjoying live music in Central Market Park.
Erin and me in St. Patrick's Day mode.









1 comment:

Cyndi Hendrickson said...

I already congratulated you so I don't need to do it again. :-)

That's pretty cool that your friend kept Grant. I was wondering when I first saw your pictures of the parade. Love your all green outfits, too. You really are a cheeseball about holidays! The only thing I don't really like about this post is Joe's mustache. Ewww. ;-)