.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Birthday Dinner and Mommyhood

Last night while Joe prepared my birthday dinner I blogged and he acted as my waiter bringing me drinks until dinner was ready.  My dinner was amazing!  Joe escorted me from the study to the dining room where I found a candlelit room with the appetizer ready for me to enjoy.


My candlelit dining room.  Very romantic!

Here it is with the flash so you can see a little better.

First course: Perfectly cooked large diver scallops with a parmesan crisp.  It was DELICIOUS!!!!


Second course:  Ceasar salad with Italian bread and dipping oil.  Lucky for me my cook, waiter, bartender, and host agreed to be my valentine for the night :0)

Main Course:  CRAB, CRAB, and CRAB!!!!!  Yummm!!!!  In the picture my handsome husband is posing with his Valentine's Day card.

Dessert: A heart shaped brownie.  Mmmm, I love brownies.


My birthday was absolutely perfect!!!

Later that evening Grant kept waking up, which is not a common thing for him.  This is the first time he's had difficulty sleeping.  I noticed his nose was a bit stuffy, probably from the dramatically changing weather we've had, and thought he might be having difficulty breathing.  Then it hit me that he might have a stomach ache because he had a cupcake at daycare and a blueberry muffin at home for Valentine's day, and he normally does not eat desserts.  Or, what if it was both a bothersome nose and a tummy ache.  Finally, around midnight I went into his room and held him like I used to do when he was younger.  I sat in the rocker with him, reclined back, and he fell right asleep.  Holding him like that again was absolutely wonderful.  I wish it wasn't because he was feeling bad, but it made my night being able to hold him like that again.  At one point I moved my arm off of him because I was afraid it was to heavy.  He quickly grabbed my hand, put it back on him and began softly stroking my had with his little fingers until he fell asleep again.  It was the best to feel his sweet breath on my face.  I'll never forget my 32nd birthday.

2 comments:

Cyndi Hendrickson said...

You are soooo sappy! Hahaha! Glad you enjoyed your birthday. :-)

P.S. Can you loose the word verification on your comments? I can't read what to type half the time. It's kind of annoying.

Grammy said...

Wow, Joe just keeps outdoing himself every time!So happy that you're having such a great time.