I have to toot my Grant's horn right now. Ever since he started crawling around he's helped clean up. It was more difficult for him to help put toys away when he was a crawler, but he still managed to help. Once he was able to take steps around his 11th month he was very eager to help clean, and loved when the "clean up" song was sung. Once he turned into a walker he didn't wait for the clean up song, but when he heard the words "clean up" he'd enthusiastically clean up his toys. As a matter of fact, if he's somewhere and he hear's someone tell another child to clean up he will jump right in and clean up their mess. At dinner time he even uses a napkin at the end of mealtime to wipe up his tray and his mouth. I won't forget the first time this happened. He asked "peese" (please), and pointed to the napkin. When I gave it to him he cleaned his mouth,and then went to town cleaning the tray. I was very excited about this. He makes things so much easier for me. He throws away his own diaper, closes doors, cabinets, when he finishes with his toys he puts them away, and whatever he uses it goes back to where he got it when he is finished playing with it. Thank you son. Today, for example, after his bath, and after he had his pjs on he always throws his diaper away then goes into the living room for his milk before brushing his teeth. Today he noticed a couple of toys were left out so before drinking his milk he put those toys away and then got in his chair for his milk. I LOVE THIS BOY!!!!!
 |
1 comment:
Impressive. I'd like to know your secret for teaching that.
Chloe likes/needs bouncing. Do you recommend that inch worm? It looks awesome but I just looked it up on Amazon and there are lots of bad reviews.
Post a Comment