.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Our 1st Graduation, Surprise Visitors & Sunday in Fredericksburg

This weekend was GREAT! Lately weekends have gone by in a snap, but not this weekend. It was a much needed weekend that didn't fly bye.

Friday was my first graduation with Joe. I had no idea what to expect or even what sort of attire was appropriate. Every person I asked said something different, so I went ahead and went with this.
Once I got there I realized I couldn't have gone wrong. Everyone was dressed completely different, there was obviously no set attire. The graduation was lots of fun with free vino during dinner and shots galore after. This was the only picture of the night, and it was only taken because my sister needed a short-haired picture of me with Joe.

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early, like I always do after a night of drinking. Joe, like most normal people, sleeps in but for some reason my body just doesn't let me. Payback I guess. So, after I spent most of the morning relaxing in front of the TV, while watching my recorded cooking shows, I decided to start cooking breakfast. Everyone knows what that does. It's the best alarm clock for your husband and my "nice" way of NOT trying to wake him up :0) Finally, since weather wasn't looking so great we decided not to fly to Fredericksburg and instead opted to go car shopping. No, we're not thinking of buying a car, but it's fun to look at all of the new cars out there. We were finally heading out the door when guess who called....our friends Krista and Aaron Brown. They were in town house shopping and caught us just in time. I'm so happy they called when they did because I would have been upset if we weren't home to see them. Although Del Rio is so small we probably would have driven back home to meet them. We visited for a while and then it was time for them to get to another appointment. I'm so excited to have them here in September. Like me, Krista loves to cook, loves her vino, and I'll have someone to reminisce about Alaska with. Ahhhhh, Alaska. So, they left and we followed to search for cars. We found some pretty good ones, but I have to tell y'all about our crazy lady. So, we pulled into one dealership and the crazy lady runs to our car waving her arms as if there were some sort of emergency. Kind of like the cat lady from the Simpsons. This lady looked close to homeless with her sloppy clothes, clown hair that went every direction and half broken glasses with what looked like week-old food on the lenses. Joe hit his breaks and rolled down the window on my side of the car. This lady doesn't just stand near the car to talk to us. She hangs herself on the door (half way inside my window) and tells us we have to go register inside or she'll get fired. This lady was super pushy and tried all of the most annoying tactics. Since I'm so good at holding back my thoughts/feelings, I gave her my glare from hell. First of all, if this lady is working she should learn to present herself a little better, should NOT be hanging on our car, should NOT demand us to register and think her "they'll fire me" tactics will get people inside and definitely should not argue with me when I say we're leaving. Good, she should be fired and find a job she'll be good at. Something where she doesn't interact with people. Yeah, I know...that's mean of me, but if you had been there you'd feel the exact same way. When I told her we didn't want to register and were going somewhere else she kept on with her demands. Finally, I said, "Listen, we don't want to register, and if it means you get fired then you need to find a new way to do your job, " and Joe drove off.

Sunday was great! We woke up and jumped in the plane "Xena" and flew to Fredericksburg. It's a little German town in the hill country with lots of shops and a great flying community.
About 5 minutes outside of Del Rio as we're making our way over the clouds.

The flight there was pretty nice once we got above the clouds. Lately Texas has had so much rain that the growing storm clouds are expected.
Here you can see the clouds trying to build up into a storm cloud. They were all over.

1hr later we were in Fredericksburg eating at the Airport Diner. We felt so cool flying in from Del Rio and eating at a well known diner that is right on the flight line.
Joe with Xena in front of the Airport Diner.
After filling our stomachs with an amazing lunch we looked around the Hangar Hotel that's located right next to the diner and is also on the flight line. I wish I had taken pictures of the inside, but forgot so you'll have to click on the links and check it out.
Here you can see the Hangar Hotel next to the Airport Diner.

After touring the flight line we rented a car and headed out for the town. What a cute place. One store I loved had the most awesome necklaces. I wanted to get one, but decided not to. Instead, I just kept looking. At one point Joe picked out a beautiful necklace, and I decided I would go back to purchase it the next time we flew there (hopefully in a few weeks). We left the store, were enjoying the weather and great sights when Joe pulled to the side of the walkway and said, "I bought you something that will look beautiful on you with that blue dress I love so much. I was hoping you'd wear if on a special date in Cancun with me." As I listened to him talk I could feel me getting all emotional and had to give him the biggest hug...he got me the necklace he picked out. I wouldn't usually call Joe a romantic, but he does do the sweetest things. I didn't take a picture of the necklace up-close, but I am wearing it in these pictures. I'll take a closer picture of me wearing it with the blue dress at the end of the month in Mexico.
Us on the Main St. in Fredericksburg. You can kind of see my pretty necklace.


So, we headed back to Xena and took off for Del Rio. On the way we passed some rain clouds and I had to take a picture. I just love the way rain clouds look from the sky.
Soon, we were back in Del Rio. All day I was thinking how there's never another person on the flight line at the same time as us to take a picture of us together. If there is someone out there they're far away or in their plane, unable to take our picture. We've had the plane since 2004 and have no pictures together in front of the plane. I know...horrible. But, that wonderful day brought me luck. When we landed there was a nice man that volunteered to take our picture. YEA!!!!
Me, Joe & Xena in Del Rio, TX.









7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I'm jealous! I want to hop in my plane and fly around Colorado to visit nice restaurants and buy jewelery!

The Quinn Report said...

What? When are you going back to Cancun? Uuhhhh, I guess we'll just discuss this when you get to my casa this evening...hehe, can't wait to see ya!

Great pics!

Andrea and Ben said...

Sounds like fun!! I love Fredericksburg. The town has so much charm and history.
Did I not say whatever you wore would be fine? You guys look great in all your pictures. I can't wait to hear what you thought of the graduation itself....did they play the foo fighters song?

The Quinn Report said...

Did you make it home okay? I'm worried about you. I'll try calling you this afternoon.

Katie said...

Cool! I didn't know you had your own plane. That is awesome.

I LOVE Fredericksburg. Awesome that you flew there! You guys look great and it sounds like lots of fun!

Lysandra said...

Fredricksburg is fun! We love going there! You look fabulous as always! Can't wait to see you next month!

Lysandra said...

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!