Why am I blogging on just yesterday instead of making this my everything blog? For one, I just done feel like it and second, I've told some of y'all I'd post pics of my yard. Yesterday I slaved over this yard...I'm talking hours and hours and hours of mowing, edging, weeding and cleaning. I love my yard and would never trade it for another, but it is very tiring in 90+ degree weather. Here are the pics with some captions(get ready b/c there are a lot!):
Here's a pic Joe took as he got home from work towards the end of my edging and snuck up on me.

And me oh so surprised. Talk about NASTINESS!!!!

A quick story in the middle of my pictures...so, I was halfway through my lawn day when Joe called to tell me a friend had a quick stop at Laughlin (our base here in Del Rio) before flying to Barksdale AFB and he was bringing him by the house to meet me. Yes, I did look exactly like the picture above. I explained to Joe that I was mowing and looked like absolute crap with sweat dripping from my nose and hair, but he insisted that was fine. (Probably because this is a college friend that Joe has wanted me to meet, but for some reason it never works out) So, I did in fact meet his friend looking like a nasty lawn moving girl. Despite that, I made some burgers and served my awesome salsa for their 30 minute visit and nobody seemed to mind my stench. I do have to admit that it was a great break from working on the lawn!
Now, back to the pictures...
Our front lawn. Seems like no biggie, but it's uphill and that little garden area (w/no flowers....YET) really does grow weeds super quickly. Oh, hush...just let me complain :-)

Now, a ton of backyard pics. You asked for it...(you know who you are!)
Here's the first one from the back corner of the lawn. The cats have a game where I run to a corner of the lawn and they gallop after me. You can see Herc running after me in this pic.
Here's one from the other side of the lawn...
Another angle....here you can see Tigris chasing me. It's a cool pic because I got her in mid-air.

Ok, so the last pic was of Tigris, here's a better view of the lawn from this angle.
And for those of you that said I never sent a patio pic....this should be enough :0)
It's not a great pic of the pond, but you can see it in the corner of the picture. And, as you can see...Herc sticks to the shaded areas.
Ok, so I just now went out and took a picture of the pond. See, I'm getting better at this blogging thing :-) You can't really tell from the picture, but the water also flows down the rocks that look wet. I love our pond...it's super relaxing.
And the kicker is that by the time evening rolls around the entire patio is shaded. Ahhh, it's so nice to sit back there with a cold tasty beverage. Yummmm!
There you go...my backyard blog.
THE END!
6 comments:
Yeah baby, those overalls are smokin'! Your yard looks AWESOME!! All your hard work shows. It looks more full than before you bought it. Well done :0)
Looks awesome Val! I love the patio, it looks very inviting. Do you have anything in the pond?
Why in the name of HEAVEN are you wearing CARHARTS in TEXAS? Holy crap. That made me sweat just looking at it!
You are super awesome lawn girl, though! It looks great. Your yard is about five times the size of ours!
Wow your backyard is so BIG! I think your yard looks awesome! It's very inspiring to me to get some yard work done!
Yeah, I know...Why am I wearing long sleeves and Carharts??? The first time I worked out side I was burned so badly that it was PAINFUL. So, now I'm making sure I won't burn.
Oh, and Kelly, right now we don't have anything in the pond. Since I add chlorine and every now and then shock the pond I probably won't put anything living. Sometimes we'll find frogs that can't get out, so I'm trying to find something to add so they can get out and won't drown.
Your yard is SWEET!!!!! Can you come make mine look like that?
Post a Comment