
*warning-this blog is very random and does not flow like they should. I know my blogs usually don't flow and never before have I taken the time to warn you about my scatterbrained blogs, but I am now. So....you have been warned!
This weekend I went home to celebrate my birthday with my parents while Joe was on his first cross-country ride. I had a great weekend and I always get a little sad when it's time to leave home. For my birthday dinner my parents took me to Perry's, a wonderful steakhouse, it was my first time there and we had a great time. Our original plans were to eat at a restaurant downtown, but since my parents were having their kitchen redone and it wasn't finished until about 8:30 pm we rescheduled for Perry's (since it's close to the house and I've always wanted to go there). Abby (and for anyone else that ends up in Northwest Houston) next time you go home you have to try Perry's. It's on Cypresswood Dr between 249 and Champions Forest Dr...you'll LOVE it! Anyways...the picture above is of my mother, me and my father standing outside of Perry's after dinner. The picture below is of me with my birthday cake (after I made my wish).

Aside from my divine dinner I also got to spend time with the my sister, Leticia, Jeremy (brother-in-law) and my cute niece, Mia ("The Holberg Family"). Below you can see what I'm talking about when I say "cute" because she is an absolute doll. The first picture is of Mia making one of her dramatic faces for the camera. This girl is by no means shy...not at all. Below that is a picture of me and Leticia. Check out the painting in the background...it is one of my favorites. Leticia really is one of the best decorators I know.
The Holbergs bought a house about 4 days after Joe and I bought our house and I can't wait to see how she decorates it...especially the kitchen that I'll probably spend 2 hrs drooling over each time I go Houston. As exciting as I think it is moving around from place to place I really can't wait to have a home that will be mine for more than 3 or 4 years and that I can do all sorts of fun stuff to without wondering if it will be worth putting the money into...all I'll have to think about is if I like it or not. Hmmm, someday. Of course at that time I'll probably start saying how much I miss moving around. You know how it goes.
Oh, if you look at the picture of me and Leticia you'll see that I'm wearing one of those project (Red) t-shirts. The shirt I'm wearing reads ADO(RED) or at least should read "adored." While I was at Leticia's house she asked if the writing on my shirt was backwards and I answered "no." I assumed she just didn't realize what it read since part of it was in parenthesis. So, that was that. Then, later I was with my parents at a restaurant when my father asked the same question. Again, I said "no" but my mother insisted it was indeed backwards. I checked and sure enough it was. Wow, I had gone more than half of the day with my shirt inside-out...I rushed to the bathroom and fixed that one in a hurry. hehe....I guess the next time someone asks me something I won't disregard the question.
Lots more happened during the weekend, but I'm not a good writer and quite honestly I'm just tired so this is it. FYI...a lot of my blogs will probably be like this for now on. The reason I usually fail to post new blogs is because I know I won't be able to get everything I want into the blog and I find it much more interesting to read other peoples blogs. With that said....goodbye!

6 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I'm glad you were able to see your family. You look gorgeous and Mia is a DOLL BABY!
I'll call you today!
Happy Birthday!
I hope you guys make it out this weekend so I can give you my gift in person!
Happy V-Day too, you know Valerie-Day!
Happy Birthday!!!
Sounds like things are great in Texas...and a cool new house. I need to add your blog to my page...if that's okay.
Kelly, Of course it's alright...silly. :-) I already added you to mine. hehe.
Ok, I just read the part about your shirt being backwards. Hilarious!
Happy BIRTHDAY!!! You are totally cute!
Post a Comment