.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sweet Babies

I thought today was going to be a very tough day since Joe was out of town, but my sweet babies helped make it one of the most memorable (in a good way).  This morning I woke Lydia up to nurse her and of course her sweet smile and sweet coos made me smile.
My lovely Lydia was not ready to wake up this morning.


She wasn't even ready to wake after I changed her diaper.
Then, it was time to wake Grant.  I was a little nervous about this one because Grant loves his sleep, but when I woke him he opened his eyes with a huge smile and his sweet voice saying "Mommy!"  He was so wonderful helping me with Lydia, and he went potty, brushed his teeth, and got dressed without complaint.
He looks like such a big boy here.  


 While he got ready I situated Lydia on his bean bag since I knew it would mold to her body and support her nicely.  After I sat her on the bag Grant "tuck tuck(ed)" her with his favorite blankets.  Such a perfect helper.
Such a happy girl on her big brother's bean bag.
Grant put the blanket down for Lydia.
Hugs and kisses for sister.
Baby sister!  Look at that smile when he's with her.
Lydia loves Grant.  He always makes her smile. 








Once we were in the car and out to take Lydia to her Academy they were angels in the Jeep.  Lydia and Grant were talking to one another, Grant had fun telling me to go faster, and calling the stop lights and green lights.  Once we got to the Academy and Grant saw it he was sad to leave Lydia, but was happy to hear we'd be back to get her soon.  Driving to Grant's daycare he insisted on calling Daddy so we did and he got to tell him "hi", "I love you", and "bye".  He was very excited about the phone call.  I'm pretty sure Joe was, too. After work I picked up Grant first and he was chasing his little friend, Bella, saying "huggie, huggie".  As soon as he saw me he pointed to Bella, pouted, and said "Bella no huggie huggie."  It made me so sad, but eventually he got his hug and he was out the door ready to get Lydia.  On the way to get her I told him we were having tacos for dinner and he kept saying "No tacos, Lydia."  Once he finally realized we were still getting Lydia he'd say "Oh, eat tacos."  Then, he'd continue to remind me about Lydia.  I love how much Grant loves his sister.  Once we got Lydia she fell asleep in the car.  When we got home I kept her in her car seat and put her in the living room where she slept through dinner.  After dinner I move her out of the living room and she slept until after Grant went to bed.  Thank you my daughter!  As for Grant, as soon as we got home he told me he had to go poo poo so we ran to the potty where he went "lots of poo poos."  His excitement for going potty makes me happy.  After dinner Grant asked to watch Finn (aka Cars) so he got comfy and watched his movie.
Watching cars with his blanket (my old blanket) and Finn in hand.
Finally his winding down time approached and we turned on Mickey while he had his milk.  I'm not sure what it is, but ever since Joe got home he hasn't been much of a snuggler with me, but today he was a big snuggler again.  I'll take it!  While we snuggled I began to scratch his back just below his neckline.  When I stopped I realized I created a monster when he grabbed my hand, put it back on his back, and said "no here" for me to continue scratching.  My goodness.  Too funny.



Before bed Grant went #2 again.  I'm so proud of his progression with going potty.  I just wish his daycare would stop using pull-ups on him because if he has them on he will potty in them.  That's a whole other story.
The best part of the night for me was after I put Grant down.  I heard him in the monitor and he seemed very upset.  When I entered his room he insisted his food hurt.  He stood up, asked me to pick him up (so I did), then pointed to the door.  I followed his directions and saw he wanted a bandaid for his foot. I usually don't give him a bandaid for something that's not bleeding, but he was upset and already sad Joe was gone so I went with it.  Once we got back to his bed he noticed it didn't help so I kissed it more, hugged him and began to sing our old nigh time songs.  He patted his pillow and asked me to "lay here" so I did.  I've really missed having this special time with Grant ever since Lydia was born and my heart was beaming.  I laid with him while playing with his hair and singing our songs.  It was wonderful.  When I stopped he took my hand, put it on his head, and said "more hair."  It made me chuckle and I continued for a little longer.  
After I left Grant's room Lydia woke about 10 minutes later.  To continue with my lovely day with my babies she greeted me with big smiles, coos, and soft touches.  After nursing her I held her close so I could feel her soft skin and her little breaths on me.  I always have a difficult time letting go of her to put her in her crib, but once I did as usual she went to bed easily.
I love my babies so much.  Here's to them!


















1 comment:

Grammy said...

So happy for you. You do have such sweet babies!