.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Pics of the new home...as requested :0)

Ok, so I'm finally posting on here again.  My last post was almost 3 years ago, but at least I didn't hit that 3 year anniversary :0)  On facebook I was asked to post pics of our new home in Georgia, but have been unable to without internet.  Well, our internet is up and running as of 3 hours ago, so here they are.  I thought this would be a better way to post these pictures instead of facebook.  Leticia, as you requested, I'm posting them so you can see progression in the home.  Things have been pretty crazy since about 30% of our household goods were either water damaged, molded from the water, missing or broken so I don't have as many pics as I normally would, but it's something.  We arrived to our home in the middle of the night, so the pictures start that next morning.  Grant is now going to take you on the tour of our home...


We woke up to thunderstorms, so Joe went back to sleep in what we renamed from the sunroom to the rainroom!  Can't wait to view more storms from here!

In this pic you can kind of see the fireplace.


 My cutie-patootie in front of the dining room.

Luckily there was extra carpet so the floors didn't get too gross with the rainy weather.
 View from the entry.  To the right (before the first wall you can see) is a bedroom (our study) and a guest bathroom.  To the left is the dining room.

 Grant loved running around the furnitureless house.

 Through the dining room doorway is a small hallway.  To the right is the kitchen, straight across is the pantry, to the left is the coat nook, and the garage.


 Guest bath


View from living room 


 Kitchen view

 Grant absolutely loves all of the floor 

 View from breakfast room to the garage.

I love this feature!

Ahhh, my gas range...love.

My kitchen :0)
 A different kitchen shot.


 Pantry and coat nook (garage to the left).



 Another dining room shot.  Notice there is no landscaping.

 The adorable tour guide needs a bit more camera time :0)

 Hall to guest room, Grant's room, guest bathroom, and laundry room.

 From the guest bathroom; right to left: guest room, Grant's room, laundry room, linen closet, door to rest of house.



Grant's room!



He loves his room :0)

Master bedroom.  
 Don't you love our bed?!?
 Master bath...the cats thought I was going to feed them. 




No, the curtain is not permanent, but they had not yet installed the blinds.




 We love this rainroom :0)

 Double sided fireplace rocks!


Grant's bathroom

Entry


 This was obviously before we received our household goods.  This is what the kitchen looked like after we received the shipment...

There was once a kitchen here!

We're currently trying to get our damaged items situated, but will post some updates.  Not sure if you want to see any before it is complete (which might be a while).  Right now we're having to repurchase some necessities that were damaged such as Grant's crib and mattress.  What a pain!  Well, hope you enjoyed the tour.  If not, at least the guide was cute :0)  Good night!

2 comments:

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Val, It's BEAUTIFUL!!! What a house! Bummer about all the damaged stuff. Hopefully you'll be able to find replacements easily. Tell your tour guide we think he's quite a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Love the house! It is georgous! I want a rain room!!!! Everything this outside looks so green even if there is no landscape. Oh by the way is your guide for rent??? He did such an awesome job I'd love to use him to sell our house...lol.