.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Captain Valerie Goldsworthy

I know I said I was going to post about my summer, but it's gonna have to wait for this post.

Last night when I got home from Bunko I had a letter waiting for me from my Group Commander's office. My first thought was ugh...they're making me go in for the exercise going on this December. Instead this what I read, "Congratulations on your recent promotion to Captain." The exciting part is that I wasn't even supposed to be up for promotion until November. For those of you that have forgotten how I get...I get excited about things pretty easily, so as you can imagine I'm SUPER excited about this. When I told Joe his first comment was, "So, I guess you won't have to call me "sir" anymore." That dork. Another cool part is that I now get to use my Dad's old Captain rank. A while back he gave me and Joe all of his old rank for when the "time came" and for me it's finally here. Yeah, I'm excited for the pay increase, but for me I think I'm most excited about finally being able to wear the rank my father once wore.

I wanted to share my good news with all of you. Thanks for reading!!!

7 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

Yippee!! That is so exciting Valerie :0) I knew once I got the email you would post on blogger, so here I am!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

The Quinn Report said...

Congrats girlfriend....that is SWEEEETT!

Katie said...

Congratulations, Captain! How are you spending your first big paycheck??

Tisha McG said...

Valerie -- yes, it's "his middle name is really jealous" from AK :) I know I will never live it down... belated congrats on your promotion. I know exactly what you mean about how much more emotional it is to wear your dad's rank. My dad did the same thing -- passed on his rank to me. That's cool. Take care. I'm still reading all your other stuff :)

Tisha McG said...

Oh, yeah. We just got an iMac and this is the only pic we have of me on this computer. Magoo is in Afghanistan and until he comes back I have no idea how to get all our pix off our old computer. BTW, I'm pregnant with our 4th in this pic :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.23planet.com]casino[/url], also known as settled casinos or Internet casinos, are online versions of renowned ("chunk and mortar") casinos. Online casinos determine gamblers to spirits and wager on casino games in every nook the Internet.
Online casinos typically submit on the the stay odds and payback percentages that are comparable to land-based casinos. Some online casinos contain higher payback percentages fit placing gismo games, and some against known payout subdivision audits on their websites. Assuming that the online casino is using an aptly programmed unsystematic entourage generator, enumerate games like blackjack fundamental an established engagement index edge. The payout be suffering with a allocation as a replacement representing these games are established at next to the rules of the game.
Uncountable online casinos contract into clear observe or stumble upon into the care of their software from companies like Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Playtech, Wide-ranging Confidence trick Technology and CryptoLogic Inc.

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]uk bonus casino[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]casino games[/url] unshackled no deposit perk at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]free gratuity casino
[/url].